Saturday, December 24, 2011

Not in my nature...

Christmas was suppose to be simple and easy this year.  I told my sister that I was going to have the kids help and just do chocolate covered pretzels.  She knew better, I wouldn't be able to resist... simple and easy is just not in my nature.  So I made these beautiful chocolate pretzel rods which 1 out of 4 of my children helped  (I'm too much of a perfectionist and worry about messes they would make).  I also had help with my friend, Lauren, she was awesome.


I even brought out my Cricut Cake machine and used the Doodle Charm cartridge to make cute Santa, Rudolph, and Tree fondant cut outs.


Oh but I couldn't just stop here.  I decided to made homemade Hot chocolate mixes using Nestle rich chocolate mix, creamer, instant milk powder, powdered sugar, and cinnamon.  I wrapped individual servings in small cellophane bags, added a small bag of mini marshmallows, and a candy cane (sorry no picture).


BUT THAT's NOT ALL...


I had to make these cute gingerbread houses that I found on pinterest...


AND THEY SIT ON THE RIM OF THE HOT CHOCOLATE MUG... HOW COOL IS THAT!
Anyways, I can't take all the credit so go to this link http://www.notmartha.org/archives/2009/12/18/a-gingerbread-house-that-perches-on-the-rim-of-your-mug/ to get instructions and patterns for this cute little house.

Simple and easy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment